Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences
Chair Prof. DOMAS KAUNAS
- assesses the state and prospects for the humanities and social sciences
- promotes ideas of harmonious development of Lithuanian studies, nationality and statehood
- fosters the traditions and heritage of humanistic culture
- upholds the values of law, justice and civic responsibility
- determines priorities in Lithuania’s economic and social progress
- provides expertise in developing tasks, projects, and strategies for the humanities
- examines their state and exchanges with other cultures.
Division of Mathematical, Physical, and Chemical Sciences
Chair Prof. LEONAS VALKŪNAS
This division undertakes and performs the following tasks:
- jointly with other national and foreign research and educational institutions, deals with the problems of probability theory, mathematical logic, semiconductor and laser physics, theoretical physics and astronomy, electrochemistry and chemical technology
- maintains relations with business partners and specialists in other scientific areas
- formulates research guidelines for exact sciences
- presents proposals and takes an active part in solving the problems of the national knowledge-based economy.
Division of Biological, Medical, and Geosciences
Chair Prof. VAIDUTIS KUČINSKAS
Representing major branches of biological, biomedical, and geological sciences, members of this division
- provide expertise
- bring scientists together for closer cooperation
- hold young scientists’ conferences in respective areas
- share their knowledge with secondary school teachers at annual conferences
- organize national and international scientific events jointly with public, science, and educational institutions.
Division of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences
Chair Prof. ZENONAS DABKEVIČIUS
In 1991, an independent Section of Agricultural Sciences was established within the Division of Biology, Medicine and Agriculture, and in 1995 it was reorganized into the Division of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences. It activities are conducted through five sections and four commissions.
Division of Technical Sciences
Chair Prof. GINTAUTAS ŽINTELIS
Representing various branches of technological sciences, the members of this division
- carry out, analyze and assess research programmes and results in electronics, power engineering, computer science, mechanics, materials science and construction
- display their expertise in assessing the scientific research, projects, studies, innovations, competitive scientific developments and applications assigned and commissioned by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, the ministries, the Research Council of Lithuania and other institutions,
- provide consultations and make proposals
- take an active part in devising high-tech strategies and projects
- expand cooperation between scientific, educational and business institutions
- stimulate the interest of young scientists in research
- solve urgent issues of science and industry.